Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I must be crazy...

Some friends of mine are participating in the second annual Triathalon this year at RochesterFest. I'm going to attempt to do a leg in a relay team--either swim or bike. What the heck have I gotten myself into? I've been doing Weight Watchers for about 2 years now and one thing (among many) that I need to do is exercise more. I joined the gym at work, which they competely rebuilt, and it's really nice--lots of equipment, space and help! Last night I went for my second workout. It is feeling really good to sweat and move more. I'm nowhwere near ready to do anything advanced regarding "tri training" so I'm taking it slow. I'm doing some cardio, strength training and stretching, which I read is the way to go. It's pretty intimidating--there are folks there who are really fit, and they're lifting weights, running and looking very much the picture of health. I just hope they don't see my red face and think I'm having a heart attack. (I get really flushed when I work out.) I did recently buy an MP3 player, and with newly loaded music, I really had a better time working out last night--the music is mostly hard rock/metal and some dance stuff. I discovered Rihanna's "Please Don't Stop the Music" has the perfect beat to walk 3.6 speed on the treadmill. LOL And Limp Bizkit's "One of Those Days" or something really helps work out some stress. =) So, here I go on my training endeavor. So far, I can still walk! =)
Happy New Year's everyone!!! Stay safe tonight, and hug or kiss someone you love.
That's all until next time.

Denise

3 comments:

Emily said...

DK your back!!! Wwohoo!!!
I know what you mean though, I get really flushed when I work out too! I am scared now about the tri, I didnt even take into account all of the little things involved. Transition areas? What if I put my bike in the wrong spot? What if I dont want to buy a wetsuit? Can I just go in a regular suit? Lol!
Happy New Year my friend!!!
Em

Denise said...

I know!! So much to remember and think about. We'll figure it out! My goal is to blog more. LOL Happy New Year!!! =)
Denise

Emily said...

Ohhh DK? Is anybody there?!
Blog, woman, blog!! Lol!