Thursday, December 11, 2008

Venting

I should have posted yesterday when this would have been more cathartic. (is that the right word?) Good grief, yesterday turned into a horrid day! Oh, it started out okay but as the day wore on, it got worse. A friend and I "had words" and I felt bad...I don't know if he did or not but we didn't email again the rest of the day. I was supposed to do something with my folks, and they came up, and the thing we were supposed to do didn't pan out. They spent the day shopping, which was good but I told them if they wanted to go home, they could, and they did but I was bummed about not seeing them. The thing we were supposed to do got messed up and I tried finding an alternative but that didn't work out, and the person who was supposed to set it up pissed me off even more. (grrr!) Never say "it can't get any worse"....because it can! I got home and vented to my dogs, as they are such good listeners. I went to the store to pickup my Christmas card photos, and much to my dismay, realized I'd forgotten my cats's names on the card. I picked up a few items, made another stop, and went home. Imagine my shock and anger when I discovered somedog had chewed my new TV remote. (double grrr!!) As I proceeded to yell at my dogs, I felt horrible. Then, later that night as I was taking the dogs out to potty before bed, one of them crapped in the house. He crapped again this morning, and he had crapped again the day before. I'm beginning to think he feels it is too cold to poop outside! So, as I clean up poop again this morning, I'm telling myself "today is a new day". So far so good! Do you ever feel like you are hosting a pity party for one? I do! Mom and I laughed about it when we talked on the phone. She said "well, buck up and try to get over it". My Grandma used to tell her to " just snap out of it". Easier said than done sometimes! Other things in my life aren't quite what I want them to be but I just keep going and try to make the best of things. It's hard some days.

The good news for today is I learned how to do some fun stuff with my page here, and learning something is always cool. =) We now return you to your regularly scheduled lives free from venting.

That's all for now...until next time!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh no, DK.. I am sorry to hear you had such a crappy day yesterday. But you're right, today is a new day.
And really, I cant blame a dog for not wanting to do the pooper outside. I cant say that I would want to go outside to poop.. Lol!
Your blog is looking great so far! You should make your text a touch bigger though. I have to squint to read it against the red background!
Cant wait for pictures and more stories!!!!
Em

Emily said...

Alright DK... I'm gonna need an update here. Lol!
How was the party?!?!?! I sooo wish I could have been there!
I still have 3 of the pups at my house and they are driving me batty!!! Ack! Lol!

Dan Epley said...

You can hit "Ctrl =" or "Ctrl -" to change the font size of a site if you want to.

Baxter told me he thought it was love that forced one of your dogs to chew on that remote, he claims it's a way to get more attention :)